The Boise School District says more than a dozen students may have come in contact with mercury Wednesday at Borah High School.
Dan Hollar, spokesman, says the mercury spill occurred at about noon Wednesday. He says 14 students came into contact in an English class.
All of the students have been cleared medically.
One student had a hemp bracelet that broke when it hit a desk.
"We all had to wash our hands up to our elbows...I didn't even know it was that dangerous," said Samantha Stoddard, who had the bracelet. "I was like oh my gosh this is crazy."
The gym was evacuated as a precaution.