Caldwell

Fire starts in empty Caldwell home

Fire starts in empty Caldwell home

CALDWELL, Idaho (KBOI) -- A fire started in an empty Caldwell home on Homedale Rd. near Lake Ave. around 6:30 a.m. Tuesday.

"Supposedly, the house was engulfed in heavy black flames, we got on scene and had some light black smoke pushing out the gavalins of the house and a couple of windows," said Fire Batallion Cheif, Brad Carico.

Carico said fiire crews found a fire in the middle of the home and put it out quickly. The house sustains major smoke damage and a large hole is in the floor where the fire started, making the house unlivable.

The homeowner told KBOI her family is living somewhere else while the house gets remolded. She wasn't sure if they were going to rent it, sell it, or move back in after the remodel.