Garage fire causes heavy smoke damage to Boise home

Garage fire causes heavy smoke damage to Boise home
Photo courtesy Boise Fire Department
BOISE, Idaho (KBOI) - The Boise Fire Department responded to a garage fire Wednesday afternoon in the 2700 block of North Christine Street.

Firefighters say when they arrived at the home, smoke and flames could be seen on the outside wall of the garage.

Crews were able to keep the flames from reaching the house, but say smoke did cause heavy damage to the inside of the home.

The couple who lives at the house told firefighters that they lost two pet ferrets due to the smoke.

The fire department says that the Fire Union Burnout Fund and the American Red Cross have been called to assist the couple.