Boise family OK after early morning chimney fire

Boise family OK after early morning chimney fire

BOISE, Idaho (KBOI) - Boise Fire Department responded to a chimney fire around 3:30 a.m. on Camas Street in South Boise Friday morning.

The fire was extinguished with minimal damages thanks from a quick response by firefighters. No one was injured, and the family was able to return back into the house after fire crew covered the roof with tarps.

Photos from the Scene

Boise Fire Chief Jake Ellis told KBOI that a big concern this time of year are chimney fires and he would recommend that people have a professional come in and take a look at the chimneys, how it is constructed and have them cleaned to make sure they are clean and ready for the year.