Fireworks may have torched chair in Boise apartment fire

Fireworks may have torched chair in Boise apartment fire

BOISE, Idaho (KBOI) - A man who's apartment caught fire Tuesday night told KBOI 2News that the fire started from fireworks that he started inside the apartment. He said that he tried to put the fire out three times but the fire got out of hand.

Firefighters responded to a call to an apartment on 14th Street, near State Street around 9 p.m.  Fire crews said that when they got to the house there was heavy smoke in the apartment. They say a chair in the middle of the living room was on fire and ignited a stack of books next to it. 

Rescue crews say they found  a man passed out in the bedroom and they had to pull him out. Fire officials say the man was treated by paramedics and he looked to be okay. The two story house had about six or seven apartments. Fire crews evacuated everyone out of the house while they extinguished the fire. Firefighters were able to keep the fire contained to the living room of the upstairs apartment.

Paramedics on scene released the man that lived in the apartment.