Two-alarm fire displaces two Boise families

BOISE, Idaho (KBOI) - Boise Fire investigators believe a fire that displaced two families Saturday morning was sparked by ashes that were disposed in a plastic trash bin.

The fire happened on the 9100 block of W. Zuni Court.

A neighbor called 911 after seeing smoke flames shortly before 12:00 p.m. Saturday. When firefighters arrived, they said the flames had already spread to a neighboring home and into both attics.

Neither family was home at the time, but crews say the fire caused fairly extensive damage to both homes.

The Boise Burnout Fund will help both families who were displaced from the fire with any immediate needs.