More alleged victims emerge in Idaho hazing case

More alleged victims emerge in Idaho hazing case
BLACKFOOT, Idaho (AP) — More possible hazing victims have come forward after five former Blackfoot High School athletes were charged earlier this month, police say.

Blackfoot Police Chief R. David Moore says a "substantial number" of victims has surfaced recently.

"It became very apparent to some other students that, 'Wow, maybe I am not the only one,' and they came forward," Moore told the Idaho Falls Post-Register in a story published Thursday. "It just strengthened our case."

Moore said more charges are pending, but declined to say what they are or against whom they would be filed.

"We are still investigating and interviewing," he said.

Nathan Walker, Anthony Clarke, Logan Chidester and Tyson Katseanes, all 19, have been charged and are scheduled to appear in 7th District Court on Dec. 23 in Idaho's 7th District Court. They face various misdemeanors and felony counts of forcible sexual penetration using a foreign object.

Authorities say a fifth former athlete at the school who is a juvenile also faces charges.

Police say the incidents took place between Dec. 2, 2009, and Feb. 28 at the school's locker room and on a bus, and involved multiple victims.

Three of the four adults have gone on to college to play football, but all have been suspended from their teams — Clarke from Boise State University, Walker from Idaho State University, and Chidester from Carroll College.

Officials at Blackfoot School District adopted anti-harassment and anti-bullying policies in 2006, three years before the authorities say the five students were involved in the hazing incidents.

The district detailed the policies in a statement released earlier this week in an attempt to allay community concerns.

___

Information from: Idaho Falls Post-Register